All Cincinnati Music Academy Voice Department students receive an additional 45 hours of Performance Classes and 45 hours of Technique Classes per year at no additional charge. If you would like to observe a class please email email@example.com
Voice Performance Classes
Undoubtedly, the best companion to your private lessons that we can offer, and this venue happens to be Audrey Causilla’s specialty. By becoming a regular at performance class you will:
- Learn to apply your vocal technique to varied music
- Develop stage deportment skills
- Understand the importance of musical conventions to a satisfactory performance
- Get to hear your repertoire played by a professional accompanist
- Learn more about effective interaction with an accompanist
- Learn how to enhance the text of a piece through effective singing phonetics/emotion
- Become more audition-ready!!!!
Voice Technique Classes
These classes deal with common technical problems in a group setting. You may observe without participating in actual vocalization if you wish, we try to be sensitive to those who are not experienced in this particular venue and work them in slowly. These classes are wonderful from the simple standpoint that we all must deal with the same issues regarding singing no matter how “green” or advanced we are. Frequently, realizations about one’s own technique occur at these forums that we would be hard-pressed to recreate in a private lesson. Sometimes we have singers sing a part of a piece in these sessions but primarily they are “discovery through vocalization”.
Administrated by: Paul McCready, David Urbon, and Margaret Breidenbaugh