Is Learning to Play Piano, or Returning to Piano Lessons On Your Bucket List?
- Have you ever wished you could play the piano?
- Did you take music lessons when you were a child?
- Can you read music?
- Do you play by ear?
Registration deadline is Sept. 5.
Recreational piano classes at Cincinnati Music Academy are specifically geared for adult hobbyists. In our beginning classes, students will:
- Learn to play by chords
- Learn to read music
- Be surprised by how much they learn at the first class
- Learn in an enjoyable, stress-free environment
- Learn both familiar tunes and original compositions
- No recitals, only celebratory social events!
- Enjoy small classes, between 4 – 8 students
Whether you always wanted to learn to play the piano, or have been thinking of returning to lessons after years of being away, CMA has a variety of recreational piano classes for adults of all abilities: beginners on up. We’re sure we have a class for you!
Fall quarter starts the week of September 11. Classes run 12-15 weeks, depending on the class, and meet one hour, once a week. Registration deadline is Sept. 5 Registration forms are available here, on the bulletin board in our main lobby, and on our website (www.cincinnatimusicacademy.com)
Fall 2017 Class Offerings – Adult Recreational Piano
Piano 101: (For true beginners. If you’ve never played piano, this is the class to start with)
- Thursdays, 5:00–6:00pm (1st class 9/14)
- Thursdays, 8:00–9:00pm (1st class 9/14)
Piano 103: (9 mos. – 1.5 years prior experience)
- Tuesdays, 9:00-10:00am (1st class 9/12)
Piano 202: (2-3 years prior experience)
- Thursdays, 6:45-7:45pm (1st class 9/14)
Piano 303: (3+ years prior experience)
- Tuesdays, 7:45-8:45pm (1st class 9/12)
Early Intermediate Piano: (3+ years prior experience)
- Wednesdays, 2:30 – 3:30 (1st class 9/13)
Piano 400: (4+ years prior experience)
- Mondays, 1:15 – 2:15 (1st class 9/11)
- Thursdays, 1:30 – 2:30 (1st class 9/14)
Functional Music Making (formerly called How to Play From A Fake Book)
- Monday, 6:45 – 7:45pm (1st class 9/11)
Playing Creative Chords, Improv, and Pop
- Mondays, 8-9pm (1st class 9/11)
- Tuesdays, 10:15-11:15am (1st class 9/12)
Students need to have a piano or keyboard at home on which to practice. Keyboards are provided in the classroom, so you do not need to bring one to class! Classes are for adults only.
Reserve your spot! Classes fill up.